Fetal Bovine Serum – Products
Access Cell Culture offers a wide range of Fetal Bovine Serum products tailored to meet the unique needs of a variety of cell culture systems.
- FBS is manufactured in an FDA licensed and an ISO certified facility under cGMP guidelines.
- The FBS is 9CFR tested, mycoplasma negative and endotoxin values are <1EU/mL.
- Lot sizes up to 2,000L available, long term storage and long term contracts available.
Fetal Bovine Serum product specifics:
Fetal Bovine Serum
Access Cell Culture offers a wide range of Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS) products tailored to meet the unique needs of a variety of cell culture systems.
Fetal bovine serum is the primary growth media for cell cultures across many industries and research entities because it has a high concentration of embryonic growth promoting factors.
Fetal Bovine Serum Composition and Production
Fetal bovine serum is derived from the blood of a calf fetus, where it is collected into a blood bag following aseptic procedures and then placed in a refrigerator while it clots and the serum separates from the clotted blood. After the blood has clotted, it is placed in a centrifuge to separate the various types of cells. The clear yellow fetal bovine serum is pulled from the specimen and frozen. It will then undergo further processing to produce a product that is suitable for cell culture.
As an FDA licensed and ISO certified facility, Access Biologicals manufactures fetal bovine serum under strict GMP guidelines. To ensure the quality of the fetal bovine serum, it is 9CFR tested, mycoplasma negative and the endotoxin values are less than 1EU/ml. Our fetal bovine products have been used in thousands of laboratories across the nation.
Fetal Bovine Serum Uses
Commonly used in research laboratories, fetal bovine serum promotes cell culture growth and is used in the following forms:
- Vaccines – Since it has a low level of antibodies, it’s regularly used to produce vaccines, such as a vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella.
- In Vitro Fertilization – Fetal bovine serum also has a high number of hormones, which makes it an ideal cell culture to aid in vitro fertilization.
- Cloning – The high growth factor of fetal bovine serum has led to it being commonly used in cloning animal tissues.
Ordering Fetal Bovine Serum
There are a variety of ways to purchase fetal bovine serum. Lot sizes up to 2,000L are available as well as long term storage and long term contracts.
Please contact us to get a quote on fetal bovine serum price or to place an order for fetal bovine serum or other blood plasma products. Our team will provide you with details on how we can customize our fetal bovine serum cell culture products for your individual specifications.