Human Male AB OTC Serum can be used for various cell culture applications. OTC typically has a slightly higher protein content than Human Male AB Serum and can be used instead of Human Male AB serum if higher protein Is required for your cell culture process.
Human Male AB OTC Serum is collected from the whole blood donation of healthy male AB donors at FDA-licensed centers within the US.
The whole blood is allowed to coagulate naturally after collection and once clotted, the material is centrifuged to remove the clot and serum is separated and virally tested. The individual units are then pooled, filtered and bottled.
- Each Individual unit is tested and found negative for all required viral markers using FDA-approved methods:
- Testing at CLIA certified labs
- HIV-1, HCV and HBV by Nucleic Acid Test, WNV and Zika by Nucleic Acid Test, Anti-HIV 1 / 2, Anti HCV, HBsAg, Chagas & Syphilis
- Additional testing provided by Access: Anti HBC, Mycoplasma, Endotoxin, USP Sterility, Hemoglobin, Osmolality, pH, Chemistry, and Species Testing
- Additional testing available upon request
- .1µm sterile-filtered
- Higher protein content than standard plasma
- Custom donor pools available
- Heat Inactivation and gamma irradiation available upon request
- Gamma irradiation is through a validated process
- Virus validation study completed March 2019
Need Help? Contact Us